In this post, I will be explaining what we did in a media lesson, where we were able to use video cameras. We were given a brief to re-create the famous Christmas John Lewis advert 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSB0wv5SPN0). After watching the advert, we had to get into groups and film in a similar way to the adverts style of filming. Unfortunately, the camera we were using was broken, however after watching the other groups attempt; I did learn some important features of such an advert.
The advert must:
1. be relevant to the topic
2. take in to account the rule of thirds, but also use a centre straight shot if needed
3. make sure that the camera is as steady as possible as shake will reduce the professionalism of the advert
4. the sound should be perfectly synced to the images for full effect
5. lighting must be correct for the best image. Too dark makes it difficult to see, and too light can make the advert look very superficial (which may be wanted in some cases)
I believe that if we get the chance to do this type of task again, I will definitely take these rules in to account as they are vital for a successful advert.
No comments:
Post a Comment