Thursday, 17 January 2013

Evaluation - What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

For all of the products, I have gained audience feedback in one way or another. For the trailer, I used FaceBook and for the poster and the magazine cover, I created a survey using Microsoft Word. In terms of feedback for the trailer, it is difficult to infer anything more than we succeeded, and the trailer looks professional and crisp. All of the comments for the trailer were positive and I gained no constructive criticisms - from this, I can safely say that the trailer was a complete success, and there isn't much more I could improve if I was to do it again. I have learnt that my skills with Final Cut Pro were definitely put to the test, however they have improved greatly and I would say that I am at a good enough level to make a professional and convincing trailer.

In terms of what I have learnt from audience feedback on the poster, there is a fair amount to talk about. The fact that 100% of people said that the poster looks professional is a great success. On the other hand, only 60% said that they liked the font of the title. Although the title took me a lot of time to produce and get right, it appears that it isn't as good as it could possibly be. Although I had no written responses in this feedback, I can infer that the possible reason for why the title font is not as good as it could be is because it is too simple and does not tell the reader a great deal about the film. There are also no strong connotations that can be linked with the title, which again highlights the lack of depth. The other questions were answered in a positive manner, therefore the title is the only issue. As I have now completed the poster, I will not be changing it however if I were to do the promotional package again, this would be something that I would consider.

Finally, the feedback in regards to the magazine must be considered. The majority of the feedback that I received was positive apart from the question that asked if they liked the shape of the puff. As little as 50% said that they didn't, which was really surprising as other people I asked said that it worked really well with the genre of the magazine. As I was unsure for why this was the case, I asked a few of them why they didn't like the shape. All but one of the people said that it looked too much like a sticker and didn't work with the type of magazine that I was promoting. The other person said it was the colour (this was not what I asked so this will be discarded). The sticker look was actually what I wanted to achieve as it makes the page look slightly 3D and 'grabable'. Obviously 4 people disagree with my opinion, however this should be taken lightly as a wider range of people would have made this question more accurate. This is why I now know that it is important to ask a wide range of people (preferably 20) as well as asking them to write a written response for their choices. The reason for why I didn't ask for a written response this time round is because in the past, written responses put people "off" taking part in the questionnaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment