Before I create the final version of my magazine, I must first create a mock-up so that I know what to do and when to create different parts. After research into other magazines in the same genre as my own, I have created this mock-up:
The first aspect that I want to comment on is the main image in the middle of the page. My idea is that I have myself or Campbell in the middle of the page with a weapon in a very posed position. Many magazines use this type of image to attract the reader. The background will be very dark with clouds and possible birds in the scenery.
I will include tag-lines both left and right with a puff in the top right corner. Now I am still unclear about what this puff will look like, however it would be effective if I could use a blood splat or something similar.
Finally, I will include the title near the bottom of the page. This does challenge the convention that the title should always be in the middle of the page, but the way my main image is composed tells me that this is the best place for the title. In terms of the font and colour, I believe that it will be the same as the poster as I want to sustain the use of synergy throughout my promotional package.
In future posts, I will present you with my completed magazine cover, analysis, and feedback from other people.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment