In this post, I will be analysing a second poster for extra research before I start to create the poster for my horror promotional film package. I think that it is important to look at as many examples as possible as this will give me the best chance of creating a product that suits the audiences needs in every way. Below is my analysis on the poster promoting Resident Evil Apocalypse:
Just like the previous poster that I analysed, the name of the main star is shown at the very top of the page. This font however is interesting as the tracking space between each letter is fairly large. There could be a number of reasons for why this has been done, although I think the most likely could be that it is easier to read like that and it resembles the separation between the zombies and the humans. The colour is also very weapon like - something that it superior, dangerous, with good quality.
Milla Jovovich is in the very centre of the poster yet she is not giving any direct mode of address. Instead, she is looking just off set where the audience cannot see - this will make the audience question what she could be looking at and is it something that will harm her - probably due to her deadly weapons and fighting stance. The colour overlay is an effective addition to the poster as it makes it look cold but futuristic. Two concepts that any horror/action film fanatics like.
The title is presented in a sharp, crisp font that look like the weapons that Milla Jovovich is holding. I really like how the font relates to the film as it almost acts like a trademark that is unique and not easily mistaken with another film. The text is also the biggest text on the page, which is definitely something that I should consider when creating my poster.
Finally, there are the conventional features such as the credits, the date, the website, and the film distributors.
To summarise, this is a cleverly organised poster, however I think my final version will be more like the I Am Legend poster opposed to this one. The reason for this could be because this poster doesn't suit my genre as well, or it could just be because of visual appearance.

No comments:
Post a Comment