Thursday, 10 January 2013

Mock-up of poster for Horror Promotional Package

After looking at a few different examples of posters with a similar genre to mine, I have created a mock-up version of my poster that I hope to develop on in the next few days. I created this using Adobe Photoshop as I believe I work better digitally opposed to using pencil and paper. I have also taken into account the popular conventions of film posters so that mine will look as realistic and professional as possible. Below is the mock-up:

- This is where the main star's name will appear. It will be in a bold font that is very eye-catching and unique
- This is where the slogan for the film will be. As the title of the film is "ShutDown", I will make sure that the slogan is a play on words linked to the title
- The main image for the poster will be the eye of Incubus. I will either take a photo with a macro lens, find a royalty free image, or create the eye digitally. It will be read in colour and I want it to be as detailed as possible for the best effect. The reason I have put a question mark within the eye, is because I want something to be reflected inside. I am not sure what yet, however I think that I will take a still from the trailer and edit it so that it looks like it is being reflected. One idea that I have is using one of the innocent soldiers being attacked. This will reinforce the idea that it is Incubus's eye and not a random persons.
- Finally, I will be including the title of the film at the very bottom along with the credits and possible film distributors. I am thinking of using a font similar to the I Am Legend poster as it matches the genre and looks classy.

I will now try and develop my mock-up and start creating the actual poster. The steps will be included in future posts with how I went about the creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment